15 Things That Are More Likely To Happen Than Winning The Powerball Jackpot
Think you can be President in 2016? Of course not. So why are you playing the Powerball lottery this week? You may have heard that the Powerball jackpot continues to climb to new record highs. As of Tuesday evening, the jackpot is at half a billion dollars for Wednesday’s drawing. When else can $2 magically transform into $500 million?
You may have also heard the odds aren’t that good to win the jackpot (or to hold on to the money if you do). No, actually they’re virtually impossible at one in 175 million. If you’re one who has trouble comprehending those numbers, maybe a few comparisons might help. Huffingtonpost.com compiled 15 things more likely than winning the lottery.
Here they are:
- Picking a perfect NCAA bracket. Odds: 13,460,000 to 1 (Deseret News)
- Birthing identical quadruplets. Odds: 13,000,000 to 1(Time)
- Becoming an astronaut. Odds: 12,100,000 to 1 (Seattlepi)
- Becoming president. Odds: 10,000,000 to 1 (Daily Beast)
- Dying by a hornet. Odds: 6,100,000 to 1 (Seattlepi)
- Dying from being left-handed. Odds: 4,400,000 to 1 (Daily Beast)
- Becoming a movie star. Odds: 1,505,000 to 1 (Daily Beast)
- Drowning in a bathtub. Odds: 840,000 to 1 (Seattlepi)
- Getting a royal flush in a first hand of poker. Odds: 649,740 to 1 (Seattlepi)
- Dating a supermodel. Odds: 88,000 to 1 (Deseret News)
- Being murdered. Odds: 18,000 to 1 (Deseret News)
- Dying in an asteroid apocalypse. Odds: 12,500 to 1 (Daily Beast)
- Finding a four-leaf clover. Odds: 10,000 to 1 (Deseret News)
- Losing an appendage to a chainsaw. Odds: 4,464 to 1 (Deseret News)
- Writing a New York Times bestseller (if you’re an author). Odds: 220 to 1 (Time)
Still think you can win the lottery? Better start working on your acceptance speech for the 2016 presidential election.