Best and Worst Jobs 0f 2012
CareerCast.com is out again with its best and worst jobs list. It rated 200 professions using five criteria: pay, outlook, work environment, stress and physical demands. Let’s start out with the top five best jobs of 2012, then get to those bottom five.
- Software engineer is on top.
- Next is an actuary — which is a consultant that’s brought in to weigh financial risks and uncertainties.
- Human resource manager.
- Dental hygienist.
- Financial planner.
Here are the worst jobs of 2012, according to CareerCast:
- Lumberjack or logger. Worst, according to CareerCast publisher Tony Lee, because of “hazardous working conditions, a likelihood of breaking or losing a limb on the job, and poor hiring prospects because of low demand for lumber due to less construction.”
- Dairy farmer. They work “with very large animals that step on their feet and break limbs.”
- Enlisted military personnel (soldier). “Their lives are on the line, daily.”
- Oil rig worker. “Put in long, brutal hours.”
- Newspaper reporter. Broadcaster comes in as tenth worst. Uh-oh.
Click here for more Best and Worst Jobs of 2012.