Save Money in 2012
We’re a month into the new year now, and maybe need a little help with one of our resolutions to save more money. There’s no shortage of advice online on how to do it.
I Googled the topic and look what pops up. 5 Ways to Save $1000 a Year, Ten Ways to Save $1000, even 50 Ways to Save $1000 a Year. Saving money is definitely on just about everyone’s resolution list. Since it can be quite overwhelming, I’ll pick Mint.com’s Six Ways to Save $1000 Really Fast. Things you can do right away to get back on track. They include:
- Start tracking your spending right now.
- Cut out anything in your budget that’s not necessary, like entertainment and eating out.
- Try to find ways to reduce essential expenses, such as your food budget and power or cell phone bill.
- Find extra work.
- Sell some stuff around the house.
- And pay the minimums on your debt, and put all your disposable income in savings.
Still overwhelmed? Don’t do all of these at once. Try one or two to start your habit of saving money in 2012.