Bah Humbug! Americans’ Top Holiday Dreads
Here’s another one of those polls or surveys we had on the news tonight that may not be all that surprising, but still gets us thinking. And hopefully changing our attitudes. The holidays are supposed to be a happy, joyous time… but unfortunately they’re not.
If you feel like the Grinch during the holiday season, you have plenty of company. A new Consumer Reports poll found that:
- 35 million Americans despise “having to be nice”.
- 90 percent say there’s at least one thing they stress over during the holidays.
A few of the top complaints include:
- Standing in long lines
- Gaining weight
- Getting into debt
- Getting disappointing gifts
- Seasonal music
- Having to attend holiday parties
And then when the holidays are over we can all enjoy the two feet of snow and 20 below temps. Now that’s something to say “Bah Humbug” about.
What do you dread most this year?
- Tips on handling stress during the holidays (abclocal.go.com)