Best Deals In August
The old saying “timing is everything” also applies to the best time of the year to buy certain items. August is almost over, but you may want to take advantage of some good deals before the end of the month. Every year, FreeShipping.org is out with it’s “Best Time To Buy” guide, and there’s several items it says is best to buy this month.
Here are 7 things on FreeShipping.org’s list for the month of August that could save you a lot of money:
- Computers. If you’re in the market for a new computer, now through December is when you can expect some pretty good deals.
- Lawnmowers. The summer season is coming to a close, and many stores want to make room for the new fall inventory.
- Flip flops. Wait until the fall and the prices are expected to go up. Also, maybe cheaper now after the recent news of flip flop dangers.
- Garden plants and flowers. Prices fall drastically after midsummer when nurseries and garden supply stores are trying to unload inventory.
- Swimsuits. Okay, this is an obvious one, but expect to see great deals with only a few weeks of pool and beach weather left.
- Dehumidifiers. I don’t know why, but it’s on the list. It’s still humid in Oklahoma, so buy up. If everyone did, and put them outside, it may make our weather bearable. Then again, maybe not.
- Swing sets. The kids are going back to school, doing more indoor things. And like lawnmowers they take up room on the store’s floor space at a time when retailers are gearing up for the fall.
Go here for the complete “Best Time To Buy” guide for 75 products and services.