Simple Savings Strategies
Who doesn’t want to save money, especially now. GMA consumer correspondent Elisabeth Leamy recently saved one family more than $100,000. While your savings will certainly vary… the strategies can be tried by just about anyone.
The Shoblock family was in a financial mess and needed help. Mother Robin Shoblock says, “I’m sure if you ask the kids, they’ll tell you that there’s been a lot of stress in the house.” Some of the strategies used to reduce their stress, and bills, can also be applied to your situation.
- Shop around for cable, phone, internet and wireless providers.
- You can also shop around for medical procedures.
- You may also save money by refinancing your car loan. Most people have never even heard of doing that, but it saved the Shoblocks nearly two thousand dollars.
- Have credit card debt? Use low interest savings to pay off sky high interest debt.
- And look into adjustable rate mortgages to refinance your home. ARMs could be a wise choice if you know you’re going to sell before the rates adjust.
These simple strategies may not save you a hundred thousand dollars, like it did the Shoblocks… but using a few of them could go a long ways in cutting your bills and stress.