Looking For Daily Deals? Check Out Groupon
By now, you may have heard about Groupon… a deal-of-the-day website that’s localized to major markets in the U-S. Its been around for a couple of years. Groupon is in more than 50 cities, and it’s adding more all the time, including Tulsa. For those not in-the-know, what’s Groupon and how does it work?
Groupon is short for group coupon. It offers daily deals at cut rate prices through group buying. According to the Groupon website, each day Groupon offers “something cool to do at an unbeatable price.” The interesting thing is that you can only get the Groupon if enough people join that day.
Tuesday’s deal in Tulsa… the very first one … five yoga classes for 25 dollars… which is more than half off. The minimum of 20 have signed up, so “the deal is on!”
Not into yoga? Groupons are usually for services. Here’s a sample of what I found offered on this day around the country:
- $50 for $125 worth of spa services in Denver
- $49 bicycle tune-up in Jacksonville ($112.50 value)
- $49 enzyme face peel in Oklahoma City ($195)
- $40 for four 30 minute music lessons in Pittsburgh ($99)
- $30 infrared body wrap in Dallas ($75)
- $10 spray tan in Salt Lake City ($28)
- $55 for X-rays and teeth cleaning in Louisville ($313)
- $68 carpet cleaning in Sacramento ($195)
- $79 spa massage & footbath in Los Angeles ($235)
You get the idea. Many of those are some pretty good Mother’s Day gifts. Just a word of caution. Mom may not appreciate the teeth or carpet cleaning on her big day. Once you sign up, you’ll receive daily alerts for your city. And be warned, the deals only last a day, so you have to act fast.