Tax Day Freebies
Tax Day is tomorrow (Thursday), and you know what that means? Freebies for everyone! Feeling nickeled and dimed and dollared to death? Restaurants and retailers are offering free stuff and discounts, from cupcakes and pancakes to coffee and dinner. Here are a few of the offers:
- Starbucks is giving a free brewed coffee if you bring in your own mug. It’s a promotion the coffee chain says is friendly to the environment as well as taxpayers. Do you think they’ll fill this mug up?
- Cinnabon has its “Tax Day Bites”. From 6pm to 8pm , get two free bite-sized cupcakes.
- From 3pm to 7pm, MaggieMoo’s will give out free samples of the chain’s new ice cream pizza.
- P.F. Chang’s will take 15% off meals, dine-in or take-out. Sorry, alcohol and happy hour food and beverages not included.
- And IHOP is offering free dinners for children 12 and younger, as long as their parents buy an adult entrée and eat between 4pm and 10pm. That offer is good all month.
These are just a few of the Tax Day freebies. It’s always smart to check first with your local business to see if they’re participating. Some of your favorite places to eat may also be offering their own give-away or discount. Also, check Twitter and Facebook. You may be able to spot some other last minute freebies from your local hang-out.
p.s. If you have any money coming back from Uncle Sam, check out “13 Ways To Spend Your Tax Refund” here.